A Tire house may remind you of neighborhood tire shop but it's more than that for world famous architects. It is a concept home with very little carbon footprints on the earth. Based on the idea of 6 needs of eco friendly sustainable living our farmhouse is the 1st resort in Asia made mostly of eco friendly materials.
Raj-Rajeswar temple(1728, included in List of Protected Monuments by the ASI) of Singha Roy family with atchala, triple archway has tight scroll work above the archways, figures along the base & around the façade. Rare examples of Pancharatna temples with ridged rekha turrets have facades fully decorated with figures.
Inspired by American architect Michael E Reynolds concept and design of sustainable living there are 6 human needs which can be resolved through eco friendly concept accommodation. Our farmhouse near kolkata is an ideal for solitude seekers and nature lovers and makes a great weekend destination near Kolkata.
The 6 needs are as listed below,
1. Shelter- Building with natural and recyclable materials. At our village resort near Kolkata our resort is mostly build with items which are made from clay, wood, silicone, bamboo, etc.
2. Food- In home food production capacity. Our resort is covering a land area of over 7 acres of which 90 percent is garden and waterbody where we grow organic vegetables and fishes as well as poultry on our farm land, which we use to prepare fresh food for our guests. Our food even is served in earthenware utensils and banana leave plates. Water is served in clay glasses or glass bottles at our farmhouse near Kolkata.
3. Energy- Solar or Wind energy is the eco friendly solution. However our resort is connected to government electricity grid which can be called eco-friendly option, I guess. We are also working on building a fully functional solar powered self sustainable option. The concept of tires as building material and natural cross ventilation is important here as the hollow tires provides insulation from summer heat as well as winter chill. We don't have air conditioning in any of the rooms. As per our guest reviews there is a difference of 8 to 9 degree inside the room from what it is outside.
4. Clean Drinking Water- Drinking water at our village resort near Kolkata is sourced from 200 mtrs deep underground water. The water is sweet in taste and is free of impurities like arsenic or germs as it has been tested and certified at our farmhouse near Kolkata.
5. Garbage management- Garbage whatever is generated is biodegradable and used as manure. Single use plastic bags, water bottles are strict no no at our resort.
6. Sewage treatment- Self-contained sewage treatment and water recycling are also an ideal requirements and working for the same. Presently though we rely on modern facilties at our resort.
Location- Our village resort near Kolkata is located at Dwarhatta, Haripal, Hoogly district and is at a distance of 48 kms from center of Kolkata city and is 1 & half hours driving distance. Driving direction will be cross Vidyasagar Bridge(setu) - drive straight on Kona express way to reach Kona Crossing and Turn right on to Delhi Road and drive towards Dankuni More- Take left towards Chanditala, Mosat and drive straight till you reach Gojar More(crossing), Take left and drive 1 km approximately and take right to ask for tire house to reach our farmhouse near Kolkata- Mondwarika Eco Resort.
Accommodation- We have 10 rooms at this point of time and three category of rooms , Double Bedded Rooms, Triple Bedded and Quadruple Bedded Rooms. All rooms are attached with western styled modern toilets with showers and running hot and cold waters. All rooms have seating arrangements and luggage stacks and cupboards to keep your belongings. Rooms are naturally temperature controlled and have ceiling fans in our farmhouse near kolkata.
Restaurant and Food- We have full functional restaurant and we have two type of food system. One is a full day package with all meals like Breakfast, lunch, evening snacks and dinner included costing only Rs. 900/- per day. Also you can order by ala carte menu which needs to be pre ordered at the time of booking at our village resort near Kolkata. Please ask for menu when enquiring for rooms.
Activities- Our village resort near Kolkata is a eco friendly nature resort and not a play ground, so playing football or cricket is strictly forbidden. We have small play area for kids with swings and seesaw for our cute little guests. A full facility swimming pool is being built for our guests. Nature watching and walk along the village trails are some of the favorite attractions at our village resort near Kolkata.
Dwarhatta Temple Tour- There are few terracotta temples in nearby vicinity of our farmhouse near Kolkata where you can observe the intrinsic designs. Raj-Rajeswar temple (1728) of Singha Roy family at Dwarhatta having atchala with porch on triple archway - it has tight scroll work above the archways but figures along the base and round the façade. Rare examples of Pancharatna temples with ridged rekha turrets at Dwarhatta have facades fully decorated with figures. The Rajrajeswara temple at Dwarhatta is included in the List of State Protected Monuments in West Bengal by the Archaeological Survey of India.